Hunted by Meagan Spooner

Hunted by Meagan Spooner

My rating: 7.5/10

Would I reread it: Probably, but not soon



When I first started listening to this audiobook I was very iffy because I didn't like the voice of Beast, but it grew on me. At first it also did seem VERY similar to ACOTAR minus the faeries. Beauty's mother is dead and her father is a merchant who is ruined when he put all assets into one wagon/ship which is then ransacked in transit and out Beauty character is a hunter and her father and two sisters go to live in a cabin near the woods. All pretty familiar huh?

That's when the story kind of took a turn. It does stay pretty true to the original story, but also has some unique elements. I like the fairy tale quality of this book. The wood around the Beast's castle seemed so magical, especially since it's always winter there, the talking animal people who try to mislead Beauty. I found it interesting that the hero in Beauty's fairy tales she told Beast were actually about him.

The writing and world building are pretty good, some of the non main characters are a little flat but they weren't important so that didn't matter much. Overall this is just a fun and easy quick read of a story I'm already familiar with which helped it along for me.

I wouldn't call this amazing or swoon worthy but it was a solid good book with good writing and much appeal and I would recommend it.

Comments

Popular Posts