Reading Slump

I've been in such a reading slump lately and it's probably because I'm just not super invested in my current read, Fireblood, because Frostblood wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped. My physical book slump has affected me trying to finish all my Yallwest arcs before their publication dates though. Both Fireblood and Odd and True come out on September 12th so if I wanted to get them done by then I'd better focus. It's just been hard lately because I've been a bit depressed about breaking up with my boyfriend and haven't been able to get myself to read. Forest of a Thousand Lanterns is my last arc from Yallwest which I'm quite excited to finally get to. I did skip Thick as Thieves though, but I haven't even read any other Meghan Whalen Turner books so I don't feel bad.

I've been somewhat listening to my audiobook, but its just okay. My current audiobook is Fool Moon by Jim Butcher. I probably won't write a thorough review of it because that kind of hard to do for audiobooks in general since its hard to flag quotes and whatnot. When I listened to Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor (which I HIGHLY recommend, I'm buying it in the future!) there was one really good quote that I tried telling Siri on my phone to save but I was driving and couldn't make sure she did and she didn't so now I've forgotten it. :( I'll just have to read the physical book to rediscover it now. Anyways I'm about to finish Fool Moon and I'll be starting Rise of Fire, the sequel to Reign of Shadows next, I'm kind of excited about that.

Here's hoping my book future gets a bit brighter. I want to read my OwlCrate books next. Some have been sitting on my shelf for over a year and one for 17 months! That one is Worlds of Ink and Shadow, anybody know if its good?

Comments

Popular Posts