Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Book: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

My Rating: 7/10

Would I reread it: Yes!


I listened to the audiobook of this and at first I was thrown off because the reader was the same as the Spellcaster series I listened to a few months ago. This book gave off a more paranormal vibe in the beginning rather than fantasy since it takes place mostly in Prague and various other cities around the world where Karou travels for Brimstone and there's just a touch of magic here and there. Eventually when Karou goes through the door in Brimstone's home we get the full fantasy vibes of a fantasy land, creatures, and war. I think I most enjoyed the part of book about Madrigal and Akiva's love blossoming in Loramendi and Chiro's eventual betrayal for not giving her a high human aspect after being resurrected. Talk about being shallow. I think Chiro and Thiago would be perfect for each other minus the part that Chiro is no longer pure.

Laini is a very good writer and I was very quickly drawn into her book. It also helped that I've been to Prague before and so could easily picture the cathedral and bridges and many other places they traipse around. I cannot wait to start listening to the next book!

Comments

Popular Posts