Oops, Well I read these books at the end of 2017

I was super busy and didn't have time to write up reviews for these books. If you want to read the short reviews I gave them on GoodReads, click the link to my profile.

8/10 The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud
        1. The Amulet of Samarkand
        2. The Golem's Eye
        3. Ptolemy's Gate
 - One thing I loved about this trilogy was that Jonathan Stroud created a uniquely amazing parallel London with demons. He also was not afraid to kill off a main character in a very well done fashion.

6/10 Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao
 - This one kind of dragged for me. It picked up in the second half, but it was still just okay. I'll probably read the sequel, but I won't buy it.

8/10 Wires and Nerve by Marissa Meyer
 - Such a fun graphic novel of my favorite android from the Lunar Chronicles!

9/10 Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
 - I loved these short stories from the Lunar Chronicles.Some take place before, some uring, and some after the main series. Just brilliant.

10/10 Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- I freaking LOVED this book. It is now an all time favorite and I cannot wait for the movie. I jsut hope they don't botch it. Is reading it again in a month too soon???

8/10 Night of Cake and Puppets by Laini Taylor
- One of the cutest couple getting together stories ever.

8/10 Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
- I NEED the third book NOW!

8/10 Prodigy and 7/10 Life Before Legend by Marie Lu
- The short stories were good but unnecessary. Prodigy was very good, I binged the final book after new year, also very good!

8/10 Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
- I had this in my ebooks for ages and I'm so glad I finally read it. I was surprised it was like a mix of fantasy and mystery and all the worlds sounded really cool. I wonder what kind of world would open a doorway for me to come and visit...

Comments

Popular Posts