Long Time No Post

Sooo I’ve kind of fallen off the writing for my blog train. Whoops. I’ll say right now I’m going to try to be a bit more active with my posts but that’s no guarantee. Haha.

YallWest 2019:
Back in May I attended YallWest again with my two best friends, Minna and Sarah. It has become our tradition to go down Friday afternoon so that we can make the Fierce Friday signings because it’s easier to get the bigger authors then than to fight the bigger crowds on Saturday. Also our time is better spent trying to get ARCs or watch panels than fighting for wristbands and standing in signing lines.

 On Friday we were able to meet one of my new favorite authors, Jay Kristoff, and my other favorite author, Victoria Schwab. I got loads of books and comics signed by both. I also realized that I had forgotten my copy of L1felik3 at home. Damn. Afterward we sneaked (snuck?) into the closed line for Stephanie Garber and secured our three big authors all in one night. No fighting the crowds on Saturday!

Fierce Friday signed haul

Selfies with Stephanie Garber, VE Schwab, and Jay Kristoff

With ten signed books and six signed comics I was ready to have fun on Saturday getting ARCs and listening to panels. We were able to score a total of nine ARCs and various other goodies. We also were able to watch Victoria Schwab and Lilliam Rivera give a keynote conversation on world building.

Mechanics of Magic and Power panel: Susan Dennard, Tomi Adeyemi, Jennifer Donnelly, Victoria Schwab, Alex London, Gerry Duggan, and Kiersten White

One of the panels that really stuck with my was the Mechanics of Magic and Power. It was so interesting to hear these great minds discuss how they built the magic systems in their books and also critique (while still loving) the magic system in Harry Potter. We also attended another talk I can no longer remember. At the end of YallWest they have something called a smack down. We attended but we decided it is geared toward the younger people and not for us for next year. We are in our late 20s after all. 

Sarah and I with author Alexa Donne

My compete YallWest 2019 haul


I promise I will try to to some more book reviews soon. I’ve started using something called Bookly to  measure my reading speed and book stats in summary. I’ll have dsome book reviews along with my stats printout coming soon!



Comments

Popular Posts