The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab


I finally read Victoria Schwab’s The Near Witch after many years of putting it off.

As you can see I have this book a four star rating, I’d even go so high as 4.5 stars. I think it is really very good for being Schwab's debut novel. The writing is so poetic and atmospheric it is really well done.

I honestly think this book might even be better than Vengeful. Okay that’s not saying much, but I promise it is good!

The plot: there is a spooky little town with a fable about The a war Witch who steals children away and then it starts really happening. The town suspects a new person in town and our main character works to solve the mystery before it’s too late to save the children.

It’s really quite magical and mystical. I think it is the type of book you have to be in the mood to read but when you are it is marvelous.

Comments

Popular Posts