Beat the Backlist challenge by NovelKnight

I procrastinate so much that I even procrastinated on making this post about what backlist books I’m hoping to read this year. I post my reviews to Goodreads and will update my current read on Instagram (kaladry) and occasionally do a mini review there too.

Backlist books I’ve already read this year:

  1. The Struggle by LJ Smith - 1999 (3/5)
  2. Wicked Saints by Emily Duncan - 2019 (3.5/5)
  3. The Fury by LJ Smith - 1999 (3/5)
  4. Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han - 2017 (4.5/5)
  5. Dark Reunion by LJ Smith - 1999 (3/5)
  6. The Shining by Stephen King -1980 (4/5)
  7. The Grace Year by Kim Liggett - 2019 (4.5/5)
  8. The Lost Sisters by Holly Black - 2018 (3/5)
  9. Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston - 2019 (7/5)
  10. The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky by Mackenzie Lee - 2019 (4/5)
  11. Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas - 2013 (5/5)
  12. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - 2011 (3/5)
  13. Mirage by Somaiya Daud - 2018 (4/5)
  14. The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert - 2018 (5/5)
  15. Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young - 2018 (4.5/5)
Yep. Told you I procrastinated in signing up for this. Mostly because I didn’t want to gather a pile of books. I’ll still give you a shot of my bookshelf though, this is pretty much my whole backlist as I own 300ish books I haven’t yet read:





Can you make anything out there? Here I’ll highlight a few I haven’t yet read and would like to get to this year:
  • The rest of the Throne of Glass series (I’m currently reading #2)
  • The six Grishaverse books
  • DC Icons series
  • Jack the Ripper series
  • Scythe series
  • Renegades series
  • Ember in the Ashes series
  • More book subscription box books because they’re piling up
That list is in no particular order and I’m a mood reader so we’ll see how this goes. I also have a few ARCs I’m trying to fit in because I don’t want to lose what small weight I’ve gained on NetGalley. I have an eARC for Court of Miracles so it was enough to get that! I need to fit that in next.

EDIT: 1/19/21
Hahaha. I read up through book 5 of Throne of Glass but I didn’t touch on any of the other books I mentioned in my want to read in 2020.

Comments

Popular Posts