Introductions

Hey there, I'm starting this book blog so I thought I'd introduce myself.

My name is Kim and I'm 25 years old. I'm an Aquarius if you care about astrology, but I don't. Long story short I'm here to write about the books I read to help myself become a better reviewer and writer. My goal is to post a review here of all the books and audiobooks I read and maybe keep you updated on anything else book related like books I'm looking forward to, festivals I'm going to, books I've won on Goodreads, book gifts etc. Find me on Goodreads here.


Yes, my blog title is referring to VE Schwab's A Darker Shade of Magic series. Go read it if you haven't it is amazing.

10 Facts About Me:


1. I LOVE Harry Potter, I mean who doesn't? It's a staple book of being an avid reader! I aspire to have my future house bedecked in odds and ends themed Harry Potter.

2. Surprisingly, as mush as I love JK Rowling and adore her writing style, she is not my favorite author. That honor would belong to Tamora Pierce whose 25+ fantasy books I have loved dearly and fallen completely in love with her worlds. Albeit Victoria Schwab is making a name for herself across my shelves.

3. In fact, many of my social media handles are inspired by my favorite and most relatable Tamora Pierce character, Keladry. Find me on Twitter and Instagram with @kaladry.

4. I studied Mathematics for my undergraduate degree but also took multiple creative writing classes. I then went to London, England for my Masters degree in Computing and Security. London is now my second home and I wish I could apparate to see my friends there often.

5. I live in California and I hate it. As soon as I get the chance I'm getting out of here. It's too hot, too crowded, too many times my home has been threatened by wildfires. I want snowier winters, more colorful autumns, wet springs, and cooler summers. Any suggestions?

6. I'm currently interviewing for jobs, I'll keep y'all updated on if I get one. In the mean time I am teaching math at my undergraduate university and substitute teaching on the off days.

7. My favorite musician changes year by year, but I generally hate rap and hip-hop. My current favorite artists are Halsey and Imagine Dragons. I will be attending their concerts in October and November!

8. I have a cat named Lanai who I adore. She is the best kitty ever even if I don't always want her ear licks. Speaking of which she just glanced at me and is now making her way over to come give me some. Ouch, that tongue. She is my fuzzy cuddle buddy and a day without her is a sad day for me.

9. Netflix is life. But you probably already knew that. I suggest Black Mirror if you haven't watched it. It is really weird but entertaining and shows creative ways that futuristic technology can change life as we know it. Each episode has its own whacky plot. Just go watch it. I'd also recommend Travelers if you like time travel to save the world like shows. Too many shows to recommend...

10. I've run out of interesting things about me but feel free to ask away. Instead here I'll share the tidbit that I've got Liam Hemsworth and Sam Claflin's autographs on a Ritz cracker box from when I went to the Hunger Games World Premiere in London. I also have Benedict Cumberbatch's autograph from when I saw him in Hamlet but I had the worst stomach bug that night :( I also have a selfie on Twitter somewhere of me and Darren Criss when I saw him at Universal Studios.

Comments

Popular Posts